|Formativ 2.0.1 update for Novell GroupWise 7
|What's New in Formativ 2.0.1
Below is notice detailing the main changes in Formativ 2.0.1.
- Added the Formativ API. The Advansys Formativ 2.0.1 API is a COM/XML based API allowing third parties to interact with Formativ from processes external to GroupWise. An applet attribute controls accessibility from the Formativ API. By default, without the specific inclusion of the new attribute, applets cannot be executed via the Formativ API.
- Check if an applet is available to be executed.
- Execute an applet.
- Transfer data to the applet.
- Read data returned by the applet.
The API can be called from any COM aware development environment, including Delphi, Visual Basic, C++, Visual Basic Scripting Edition, C#, VB.NET, Microsoft Excel, Word etc..
This significant new capability will be managed by Advansys and requires developers who wish to use the API register with Advansys to obtain a special developer-specific authorization key code which enables API access. For more information, please contact:
- Included documentation updates.
- Includes support for GroupWise 7 specific APIs.
- Fixed a bug that could cause Portals to freeze GroupWise 7.
- Updated the operation of the Formativ Portal folder to be compatible with the new GroupWise 7 folder modes.
- Updated the default Portal height and colors to be compatible with GroupWise 7 when run against a GroupWise 7 client.
- The VBS/VBE Script Host association is no longer disabled when Formativ is installed.
- Fixed a Form designer bug that could cause changes to forms to be lost if an error occurred while editing a form.
- Added the GroupWise 7 GroupWise.GetAppearance() method.
- Improved the appearance of Portals when running under GroupWise 7 through the removal of the bevel Portal border.
- Fixed a bug in GroupWise.DateParseDayOfWeek().
- Updated the Portal toolbar images.
- Fixed a Portal AVI transparency problem.
- Added the following Portal methods to the Formativ language:
- The 26/10/2005 GroupWise 7 client introduced support for Windows XP Themes. Themes are not supported by the Formativ Forms designer component toolbar and property editors. Accordingly, theme support is disabled in GroupWise while the Forms editor is active, and re-enabled when the Forms editor is closed. This affects Formativ Studio and Creator users only.