Download and run the solution installer (assuming Formativ Runtime is installed first) after first closing your GroupWise Windows client. You can choose to install for ALL Users or Current User. After installation, restart your GroupWise client.
Inserting an Emoticon
Compose a HTML message and press the emoticon button on the draft message view toolbar to see the Emoticons for GroupWise dialog, which offers a list categories and associated emoticons. To insert an emoticon into your draft message at the current cursor location, you can choose from the following methods:
- double-click on the desired emoticon; or
- press the Ins (Insert) key on your keyboard; or
- right mouse button click to display the context menu and choose Insert; or
- select the emoticon with a left mouse click and click the dialog's green tick button.
Adding an Emoticon to Favorites
- Select an emoticon with the left mouse button, then use the Alt+F shortcut keys, or
- click the right mouse button on an emoticon to display the context menu and select ‘Copy To Favorites’.
- Select an emoticon with the left mouse button, then use the Del shortcut key, or
- click the right mouse button on an emoticon to display the context menu and select ‘Delete’.
- Note: While all users can delete emoticons from their Favorites folder, for All Users installations, only users with Windows administrative rights are permitted to delete ANY emoticon.
Adding New Categories or Emoticons
Emoticons are GIF files, which can be static or animated. In addition to the sample emoticon images installed with the solution, you can add new emoticons by copying GIF image files to a category folder under the main emoticons folder. You can determine the main emoticons folder location by running the solution and clicking the Emoticon dialog's Info icon (top right).
To add a new category, simply create a new folder directly below the main emoticons folder. Category folders can only be one level deep. Once the new category folder is created, simply copy new emoticons into it.
Note: For All User installations, only users with Windows administrative rights are permitted to add new emoticons.