Support 1
Participant

Thank you for your enquiry.

I think save an entire folder can mean a couple of things. One, to save all messages in the selected folder and in all of its subfolders. Two, to save all messages in the selected folder only (regardless of whether the folder has subfolders).

Option two describes Message Saver, which (in the current version) does not export the GroupWise folder structure. It’s very likely this feature will be included in the next major release of the Message Saver Pack.

Do you find that selecting a folder does not lead to saving all of its messages, eg. only the first message is saved? If so, this is because GroupWise autoselects the first message in a folder when you change the folder. You will need to deselect the default message selection before starting Message Saver. To deselect, press the CTRL key while using the mouse to click the message.

I am not sure what “network folder links” might be; as far as I know, this is not a feature of GroupWise. However, it’s possible that drag ‘n’ drop of the kind you describe could be included in the next major release. This is because the release will take advantage of powerful user interface features in Formativ 2.0. I will forward this idea to Engineering for consideration in the release.

In the meantime, one workaround to the tedious folder navigating is as follows. Move your messages from the Mailbox to other GroupWise folders, eg. personal folders. Then at the end of a suitable period (day/week/etc.), save each folder with Message Saver.

I hope this helps. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any further comments or queries.

Advansys Support

[This message was edited by Support 3 on November 21, 2004 at 03:41 PM.]