Thank you for your enquiry.
I know of two ways to launch a Formativ applet periodically.
- Set the applet integrations with GroupWise so that the applet is launched on receiving email. Send email from the application database to the appropriate GroupWise account. The email might contain address book data (eg. in CSV format) or else trigger the applet to retrieve data from the database. There will need to be some way for the applet to confirm that the email is intended for processing; eg. Sender email address or a special identifier in the Subject.
- Use the Formativ API. The following is quoted from the Language Guide:
Introduced in Formativ 2.0.1, the Formativ API is a COM/XML based API allowing third parties to interact with Formativ from processes external to GroupWise. The API lets third parties:
- Check if an applet is available to be executed.
- Execute an applet from outside GroupWise.
- Write the value of the Utilities.TransferData property.
- Read the value of the Utilities.TransferData property.
The API is callable from any COM aware development environment, including Delphi, Visual Basic, C++, Visual Basic Scripting Edition, C#, VB.NET, etc.
A solution might be to create a process scheduler which calls the API every 5min (for instance) to launch an applet.
If you are interested in using the Formativ API, please send an email to email@example.com
I hope this helps.