/ Forums / Advansys Formativ / Creating Solutions with Formativ / “Notify” user when shared message arrives

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

Hi!

I need to somwhow notify the user when a message arrives in a shared folder.

Groupwise’s Notify doesnt seem to be able to do that.

Is there an event that is triggered when a new message arrives or something like that?

• Author
    Replies
    Support 1
    Participant

Thank you for your question.

Unfortunately what you require does not seem to be possible. We have done some testing of this issue here at Advansys, using both:

• Notify Options, to select a Shared folder;
    • The event ‘On message arrival’ for the GroupWise Application (on the Integrations tab in Formativ Central).

The latter approach is associated with a Formativ applet, which is launched when the event fires.

In our tests, neither approach had any effect when a message arrived, or was moved into, in a Shared folder.

We are not sure whether this is a defect in GroupWise/Notify. Therefore we will look into having Novell add this issue to their enhancement database for GroupWise and/or GroupWise Notify.

Advansys Support

Anonymous

Thanks! I think i’ll just send everyone a notification message, that seems to be the easiest workaround.

But there’s another problem:
    I want to delete a message in an shared folder (owned by someone else).
    When I try to remove() the Msg, nothing happens. There is no error at all, but the message is still there.

(I have the nessesary rights on the folder, I can delete the message manually)

Anonymous

Update:

I can successfully move() the Message to a local folder and then remove() it there, but not directly in the shared folder.

Very strange.

Support 1
    Participant

Here is an example applet to delete a message from a shared folder. The key to this solution is the Token GroupWise.Refresh, used instead of the Object API method Account.Refresh.

Sub Main(Client, GWEvent)

dim oMsg

if Client.ClientState.SelectedMessages.Count = 0 then
        exit sub
      end if

set oMsg = Client.ClientState.SelectedMessages.Item(1)
      msgbox oMsg.Subject
      oMsg.Delete
      set oMsg = nothing

Groupwise.Refresh

End Sub

I hope this helps.

Advansys Support

[This message was edited by Support 3 on February 17, 2004 at 03:10 PM.]

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.