• Creator
    Topic
    griesserag
    Participant

Hello

I’d like to create a costum filter. The filter should only show items which have specfic values in a personal field. How can I realise that with Formativ? The filter statement should look like this (this is what groupwise shows when I manually create my filter):

MyType is ‘1’ or MyType is ‘2’ or MyType is ‘3’

Thanks for your help.

Regards

• Author
    Replies
    Support 3
    Participant

See the Filter Expressions in Object API for more information about the filter expression. See below a sample of the filter syntax:

(<MyType, STRING> CONTAINS “1”) OR (<MyType, STRING> CONTAINS “2”) OR (<MyType, STRING> CONTAINS “3”) AND (MAIL) AND (BOX_TYPE = INCOMING OR BOX_TYPE = PERSONAL)

Hope this helps.

Regards,
    Advansys Support

griesserag
    Participant

Thanks. But how can I apply this to the current view? So that the user sees only the items which were found by the filter expression.

Regards

Support 3
    Participant

See the GroupWise Token API (http://developer.novell.com/documentation/gwtoken/index.html?gwtokens/data/hj8ej8g5.html) and Formativ Language Guide for more information about creating filter. Here is an example:

dim hFilter

call GroupWise.FilterClear
    hFilter = GroupWise.FilterCreate(fttEmpty, TRUE)
    call GroupWise.FilterSetText(hFilter, fldFrom, "Test", matSubText, "","")
    call GroupWise.FilterApply(hFilter,fatItemList,"")

Regards,
    Advansys Support

griesserag
    Participant

Thanks for the example. But how can I include the filter statement in the FilterSetText function? So that I can use my personal field instead of fldFrom and search after the values 1, 2 and 3 linked with the or-operator.

Regards

Support 3
    Participant

Seems like you can not use the custom filter syntax in FilterSetText token. Another option is to use the query folder. This query/search folder will allow you to use custom filter syntax. See the Query object in Object API (http://developer.novell.com/documentation/gwobjapi/index.html?gwobjenu/data/h7ikbsqg.html) for more information. See below the sample code:

const QUERY_FOLDER = "My_Test"

Dim oQuery

' Creates a new Query object
      Set oQuery = GroupWise.Account.CreateQuery

oQuery.Expression = "(MAIL) AND (BOX_TYPE = INCOMING) AND (<MyType, STRING> CONTAINS ""1"")"

' The locations to be searched.
      oQuery.Locations.Add(GroupWise.account.mailbox)

' Boolean. TRUE means the client will automatically start the query when the
      ' query folder is opened
      oQuery.StartOnOpen = TRUE

' Creates a new query folder based on this query
      call oQuery.CreateFolder(QUERY_FOLDER, GroupWise.Account.RootFolder)
      Call GroupWise.Account.Refresh

MsgBox ("The folder '" & QUERY_FOLDER & "' created under root folder.")

Set oQuery = Nothing

Hope this helps.

Regards,
    Advansys Support

[This message was edited by Support 3 on June 18, 2006 at 09:20 PM.]

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.