• Creator
    Topic
    scaldwell
    Participant

We are using a modifed version of the “Export GroupWise Calendar to CSV Format” applet to produce files suitable for upload into our websites content management system. It’s working great!! However, I can only export the main accounts calendar.

Users are responsible for multiple calendars which are proxied to and exported individually. Can you provide some hints on how to get a list of proxy accounts the user has access to and then how to access them via the applet so they may be exported.

Thanks!!

Scott Caldwell

• Author
      Replies
      Support 1a
      Participant

Scott,

The only real way to do this is to use the multi-login feature to log into the account you need to export calendar data from. You use the Multilogin method to do this. Formativ exposed multilogin support in version 1.5 (which I believe you are using).

In order find out which accounts a user has rights to, have a look at the AccountRights property of the Account object. You’ll find it documented here: Documentation

This collection should let you know who you can log in as. Please be aware that you also need to know the password of the user you will log in as.

To use the Multilogin feature, you need to login to the appropriate account using the GroupWise.Session.MultiLogin method. This is documented here:

Docmentation

Once you have logged into the appropriate account, you can access the calendar data in the normal way.

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Advansys Support

scaldwell
        Participant

Thanks for the response.

I’ve got the multilogin method to work…but after I pass the userid and password to groupwise I can’t get the window to refresh with the new account information. What do you think?

Thanks for helping those who haven’t even purchased your GREAT software…yet!!

Sincerely,

Scott Caldwell

Support 1a
          Participant

Scott,

The process of accessing another account object via the Multilogin method will not update the appearance of the client. Account objects, whether they be the root account, or obtained by calling Multilogin, are opaque, and have no affect on the appearance of the client.

The only way to have the client change in appearance is to use proxy. However, the applet you are modifying was written using the account approach, which is the most efficient way to access data in the GroupWise message store. You could probably rewrite it using proxy and commands like GroupWise.ItemListCreateFromView(), but this would be a big job, and probably not worth it just to see the client change while the data was extracted.

If it is important to see the client change while the export process takes place, you might be able to proxy to the appropriate user, then use the multilogin feature to access the appropriate account. After you have exported the data, proxy back to the root account (and release the account object you obtained in your call to Multilogin).

I hope this helps.

Advansys Support

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.