/ Forums / Advansys Formativ / Commercial Formativ Solutions by Advansys / Problems with Calendar Pack 2.0

• Creator
    Topic
    verbundlinie
    Participant

We have following Problems with the Calendar Pack.

First:
    If the Users (W2kSP4) display properties are setted to “large fonts”, then the elemts of the form of the “Out of the Office” applet are displayed invalid (textboxes overlay each other…). You can try to resize the form, but you will never see the Cancel-Button. If the setting is changed to “small fonts” everything is ok. Dosen’t look very well…

Second:
    I translated the string-ressources, but some of the elemts still appear in English.
    Anniversaries-applet: IDS_MAIN_MSG_TYPE_CAPTION, IDS_MAIN_MSG_TYPE_APPT, IDS_MAIN_MSG_TYPE_NOTE and IDS_MAIN_MSG_TYPE_TASK are not used in the form, even they are translated
    Day-Blocker-applet: if you click at “Day-definiton”, the name of the first Tab is still “Day definition”, seems to be hardcoded

Thanks Philipp

• Author
    Replies
    Support 1a
    Participant

Thank you for your post. Updates have been sent to you via email. These updates will be released publically in the near future.

Regards,

Advansys Support

verbundlinie
    Participant

Dear Support,

thank you for your quick response. The updated “Day-blocker” and “Out of the Office” solutions work fine now. But the “Anniversaries”-problem still appears… 😉

thank you very much
    Philipp

Support 1a
    Participant

An update will be emailed to you today.

Regards,

Advansys Support

verbundlinie
    Participant

Hello,

thank you very much, your new applet works now.
    Great and quick support! Thanks again

BTW: My suggestion for next “Anniversary”-Version: A “Day-definition” for Appointments like in the “Day Blocker” solution wold be very nice.

Philipp

Support 1a
    Participant

Thanks for the update. Thank you also for the enhancement request regarding the Anniversaries solution, which I have entered into our product database.

Regards,

Advansys Support

smoppett
    Participant

“BTW: My suggestion for next “Anniversary”-Version: A “Day-definition” for Appointments like in the “Day Blocker” solution wold be very nice.”

I also have a suggestion for Day Blocker. A button to select “Reminder Note” which would disable the location to create a series of day reminders instead of appoitments. Or is there an alternative solution?

Simon

Support 2

Hi Simon,

Thanks for your suggestion. Can you provide the objective for the option of the Reminder Note? It’s just that this option would remove one of the benefits of Day Blocker because GroupWise Busy Search would not show when you are busy.

Regards,

Advansys Support

smoppett
    Participant

We don’t use group calendars (yet) so “Day Blocker” now makes more sense.

I find it useful to add the same reminder note to multiple days for trade shows and employee holidays, and sometimes roll them out to everyone using Enterprise Dates. Day Blocker was the only tool I found that came close, unless there is a better alternative?

Simon

Support 2

Thanks for the additional explanation. What’s required is probably not an extension of Day Blocker but perhaps a separate solution.

However, it would appear the simplest approach would be to use the inbuilt recurring date functionality. Just create a posted note, complete the subject, click the date icon in the date field and select Recurring…, then choose the dates you require. If desired, you could then use Enterprise Calendar Dates to roll them out to other users.

Regards,

Advansys Support

smoppett
    Participant

quote:

However, it would appear the simplest approach would be to use the inbuilt recurring date functionality. Just create a posted note, complete the subject, click the date icon in the date field and select Recurring…, then choose the dates you require.

That does do what I require. Thank you for your help.

Simon

Support 2

You are welcome and thanks for the update.

Regards,

Advansys Support

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.