• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

I am evaulating Formativ and struggling to learn VB script. I am also a heavy user of Winbatch which has an editor/debugger (Winbatch Studio) with single-step capability. It has been invaluable in helping me create and debug many scripts. Does Formativ have any way of single-stepping through commands? I’m trying to understand the flow and functions of some of the simple applets before undertaking a much more complex project I have in mind. Thank you.

• Author
      Replies
      Support 1a
      Participant

Thank you for your question. The current version of Formativ does not include step debugging facilities. This is due to an architectural idiosyncracy of GroupWise and Formativ. However, step debugging will be included in the next major release (no release timeframe is currently available).

There are a couple of techniques you can use to help in debugging applets though. Perhaps the most usesful is the trace method. Trace() writes a string out to any attached debugger, allowing you to watch the flow of a script.

For example, including the following line in an applet:

Call Utilities.Trace("This is a trace line")

results in the text “This is a trace line” being output to any attached debugger. I would recommend DebugView from SysInternals.

I hope this helps.

Advansys Support

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.