• Creator
    Topic
    nimmop
    Participant

I am having the same problem as Jason Emery but with Outlook 2000. I’ve tried several times to migrate contacts with no luck. E-mail and calendar migrated with no problems.

I’v ealso tried all combinations of copy-paste and drag-drop but nothing works. I’ve also tried to export from Outlook to a csv file but can’t import this into GW6.5.

Any ideas would be welcome.
      Paul

• Author
      Replies
      Support 1
      Participant

Thank you for your query.

At this stage we are not sure what is causing this problem with migrating contacts.

Please assist us in analyzing the issue further by sending an email to support@advansyscorp.com, and include the following:

• The log file produced by the Outlook Migration solution;
        • Your Formativ configuration. To obtain this, go to Help on the GroupWise main menu and select About Formativ…; when the dialog appears, go to the Configuration tab and click the button Copy to clipboard, then paste this text into the body of your email.

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Advansys Support

nimmop
        Participant

As requested, the following is the Formativ Configuration, and the log file is shown below this.

[Details removed from here.]

Hope this helps

Paul.

[This message was edited by Support 3 on April 19, 2004 at 05:11 PM.]

Support 1
          Participant

Thank you for supplying the configuration and log data.

Unfortunately, there is no obvious anomaly that we can advise you about. Since you seem to have the latest build of the GroupWise client installed, it is unlikely the problem lies in your GW installation (as others have found).

We also know that, with migration or synchronization problems, about 98% of cases are related to the configuration of Outlook – or more specifically, Windows Messaging.

We hope to find a solution to this issue very soon.

In the meantime, I suggest looking at your Windows Messaging configuration. It might be possible to change one or more options, that resolves this issue.

I hope this helps.

Advansys Support

dmiller
            Participant

Which Windows messaging settings should I change/shut off.

Support 1
              Participant

There are several configuration options available with Windows Messaging Service (WMS).
                I cannot give you general advice on which options to change; this depends on your Windows/Outlook/Exchange environment. You could try the support resources for Outlook (eg. online Help, FAQ, Knowledge Base).

It is important to set up WMS with one profile for GroupWise and one profile for Outlook. At the very least, these messaging clients must not share a profile. You can configure WMS by going to your Windows Control Panel, then open the Mail item.

Regards,
                Advansys Support

Support 3
                Participant

The text below copied from the Personal Outlook Migration help. See the help for more information.

quote:

There are well known MAPI configuration issues when running both the GroupWise client and Outlook on the same workstation. Prior to migration, prevent Outlook using the Novell MAPI default settings by configuring the Outlook client to prompt on startup for
                  the MAPI profile to be used.

You can configure this behavior in the Outlook client under Options | Mail Services | Prompt for a profile to be used. On Windows 2000 or above, you can also set this option by using the Windows Control Panel | Mail | Show Profiles, “When starting Microsoft Outlook, use this profile:” Prompt for a profile to be used. When Outlook starts and prompts you for the profile, select the
                  appropriate one to connect to your Outlook data.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
                  Advansys Support

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.