• Creator
    Topic
    clement
    Participant

We have a user that successfully created an archive using Archive To Go ver. 1.5.02
      When he tries to use Viewer he receives a message stating “Archive To Go Viewer has encountered a problem and needs to close.”
      Details on this error signature point to
      Appname a2goview.exe and modname kernel32.dll
      This occurs on more than one workstation.

Have you seen this error and can you advise on the best way to solve it?

Thanks,
      Sue

• Author
      Replies
      Support 1
      Participant

Thanks for reporting this problem.

To my knowledge we have not seen this error previously.

Does it occur on starting the Viewer or when using it to do something specific, eg. opening the QuickViewer?

>This occurs on more than one workstation.

Do you mean the error occurs when viewing the same archive or any archive? Are you able to view any other archives using Viewer 1.5.0.2?

Please send the contents of the _metadata folder (zipped) to support@advansyscorp.com. The exported metadata contains only Sender, Recipients, Subject and Date for each message; it contains only Display Name and Email Address for each contact.

I look forward to your reply.

Regards,
        Advansys Support

clement
        Participant

Dear Support,

Here is a response from my user….

“I tried another account, on another computer with clean standard configuration and the same problem … Viewer doesn’t start…it simply aborts on attempt to run.. so I can’t view any archive that I have created so far… “

Do you have any advice? We have not seen this before either and have other field offices using the software/viewer successfully.

Regards,
          Sue

Support 1
          Participant

Thanks for the additional information.

Given that we do not know the cause of this error, I suggest you try the latest version (1.5.0.4) of the Viewer, which is available from here. Just unzip the file a2goview.exe to a convenient location (eg. the Windows Desktop) and run it. If it runs, use File | Open to select an archive to open.

I look forward to your reply.

Regards,
            Advansys Support

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.