/ Forums / Advansys Formativ / Creating Solutions with Formativ / Find original appointment within the accept event

• Creator
    Topic
    kempf
    Participant

Hi,
      i need to find the original appointment within the accept/Decline/Delegate/Delete Event of an appointment.

Reason: When someone create a new appointment i save all informations in a database (including the messageid of the appointment). When the participants send their Accept/Decline/Delegate/Delete i want to search this appointment in the database and update the information about the participants.

First way i tried is to use the MessageID. But the Messageid of the original appointment and the Messageid of the accept/Decline/Delegate/Delete message isn’t identical. Then i tried the CommonMessageID – the same…..

So the question: how could i find (based on the accept/Decline/Delegate/Delete message ) the original appointment??

Thanks

• Author
      Replies
      MA
      Participant

quote:

Originally posted by kempf:
        First way i tried is to use the MessageID. But the Messageid of the original appointment and the Messageid of the accept/Decline/Delegate/Delete message isn’t identical. Then i tried the CommonMessageID – the same…..

Message ID of a composing message and the sent message always different. GroupWise assign a new message ID when the message is sent. May be a better option for you to store the CommonMessageID of the sent message. Please note, accessing a message via the CommonmessageID property results in a read-only instance of the message.

Thanks
        MA

Support 1a
        Participant

Perhaps you could add a unique identifier to the appointment (perhaps the subject or body text) when the appointment is composed. This ID would then be included in the items sent to the recipients. When they respond, look for the ID in the incoming messages and use it as the key to locate the original message.

Regards,

Advansys Support

kempf
          Participant

Hi,
            i think the best solution will be to add an own message id to the body text. But i have a small problem:
            when i use the “on send” “before groupwise event” and the user want to decide to insert his signature before sending the message, then the inserted text is between the normal text and before the signature text. Is there a possibility to insert it after the signature?
            I tried to save the changed message body in the “after event” but then the changes are not saved. Is there a special function to save a changed message without resend it?
            Or can i use a custom field to save the message id? Is this custom field in a accept/Decline/Delegate/Delete message included?

Thanks for help

Immi
            Participant

Yet another idea:

Try to add you own field to the message (see ‘Message Classification_Example’ applet for more details).

You could then search this field.

Stephan

kempf
              Participant

How could i search for a custom field in the message store?? And is this custom field in the message to accept the appointment?

How does the filter for …Find looks like?

sFilter = (“(APPOINTMENT)AND ….”)
                GroupWise.Account.AllMessages.Find(sFilter)

Thanks for help Smile

MA
                Participant

quote:

How does the filter for …Find looks like?

sFilter = “(APPOINTMENT) AND (<CUSTOM_FIELD, STRING> BeginsWith “”*””)”

Regards,
                  MA

Support 1a
                  Participant

Unfortunately I don’t think the custom field idea will work. You can only add a custom field to a message once it exists in the message store. When you are composing a message, but have not saved it to Work in Progress, the message does not exist in the message store, and therefore cannot be accessed via the Object API .The Object API is the only way to add a custom field to a message.

Regards,

Advansys Support

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.