The GroupWise 18.2 Windows client introduces new code to cater for very high resolution screens, such as 4K and above. When Windows Desktop display scaling is set greater than 100%, Formativ will display an “Invalid Image Size” error upon GroupWise startup. This is due to the way Formativ customizes the GroupWise treeview control for supporting the Formativ Portals Folder.
If you don’t use Formativ Portals, there is a work-around, which is to disable the Formativ Portal folder. You can do this by using one of the following methods.
1. Formativ Windows Control Panel Applet
• Display all Windows Control Panel Items;
• open the Formativ Control Panel Applet (32-bit);
• choose the User Interface tab at the bottom;
• uncheck the option “Create a portal folder in GroupWise called:”
• press OK in the Formativ Control Panel Applet to close it.
• restart the GroupWise client and check for the invalid image size upon startup.
2. Windows Registry Entries for Formativ
If you know how to and have access to the Windows Registry, you can edit the following entry for the Formativ Portals Folder:
Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Advansys Corporation\formativ\1.0\Settings\Portal Folder Enabled
0 = disabled
1 = enabled
Disabling the Formativ Portals Folder option should eliminate the “invalid image size” error upon startup.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.