/ Forums / Advansys Formativ / Formativ Runtime / Message Saver File Save Location

• Creator
    Topic
    JeanneJo
    Participant

After looking at the “shared folder” settings, I’ve decided that’s probably not what we’re looking for. Our users save messages to your network directories, under individual case names, under an additional directory specifically identified as Emails.

When the user has to set up a new Message Saver Folder, they have to go through Browse to Folder, all the dialogs for My Computer, My Network Places, yada yada, until they get to the appropriate user/client/email folder.

Is there any way to set a default to begin at the user’s network folder, from which they can just locate the client folder and email folder from there?

It’s not a big deal, but I hear grumblings every now and then about it, so thought I’d ask.

Thanks so much.

• Author
      Replies
      Support 1
      Participant

Thank you for your enquiry.

Unfortunately Message Saver does not support the kind of default folder you describe, ie. where the user is prompted to find a folder relative to that location before confirming the save.

Perhaps the following arrangement would be less onerous for your users:

• Create a folder in GroupWise for each client. At an appropriate point, move received messages to the relevant client folder. (It may be possible to set up a GroupWise Rule to do this automatically.)
        • Use Message Saver in Configure mode to define a set of ‘save locations’. Each location would represent a User/Client/Email target folder that corresponds to a specific client folder in GroupWise.
        • When it is time to save messages for a given client, open the client folder in GroupWise and select all unsaved items, then start Message Saver.

I have added your request to our enhancements database for Message Saver for consideration in a future update of the solution.

Regards,
        Advansys Support

JeanneJo
        Participant

Thank you. I was afraid that might be the case, but it never hurts to ask. We actually do have GroupWise folders for various clients – they contain primarily calendaring – not sure the attorneys want those folders filled up with messages as well. That is, however, a good suggestion – I’ll pass it on.

JeanneJo.

Support 1
          Participant

You are welcome. I hope the suggestion works out in the meantime.

Regards,
            Advansys Support

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.