/ Forums / Advansys Formativ / Commercial Formativ Solutions by Advansys / Suppress Options Menu in Templates

• Creator
    Topic
    neilfl9
    Participant

Is there a method to suppress display of the Options menu in the Templates applet? We have a need to didtribute fixed templates to a group of employees whom we prefer not have the ability to do anything but select a template for use (As in BSP 1.5). For others, we’d like to allow the Options menu. How can this be accomplished?

• Author
    Replies
    Support 1a
    Participant

At the moment this is not possible without making changes to the applet. We are looking into exposing some constants in the solution you can set to enable/disable some of the option items. While we should be able to do this fairly readily, I can’t provide an availability date at the moment.

How many users would you like to disable the Options items for?

Advansys Support

neilfl9
    Participant

I would like to be able to disable the options for a group of persons (up to 575) based on a NDS Group membership. In our office, we have a lot of entry=level clerks whom we don’t want modifying templates we create for them. Then there are professional and management personnel who could benefit from the ability to create and modify templates.

Would it be advisable to retain the Business Solutions Pack 1.5 for these employees for whom we want to limit editing capabilities? How long can we expect it to work with newer verions of Formativ?

Support 1a
    Participant

We should have an update to the V2 Templates solution available early in the new year that will allow you to disable the Options menu by editing the value of a constant. I’ll let you know when this is available (I’m suspecting within the first few weeks of next year).

We don’t have any plans to remove compatability with any existing applets in new versions of Formativ. All existing 1.5/1.6 version applets are compatible with version 2.0.

I hope this helps.

Advansys Support

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.