/ Forums / Advansys Formativ / Formativ Runtime / GroupWise crashs if one user try to answer a mail

• Creator
    Topic
    Anonymous

I have one user in my GroupWise when they will try anwer a mail and formative is installed GroupWise crashs with following message.
    The Message Windows name is: Exception in TGWCommand.Execute
    The Message is: Access violation at address 006E919D in module ‘GrpWise.exe’. Write of address 01C53FFF.

The error is reproducable on every maschine tested. Every other user on the tested maschienes have no problems all work fine. his GroupWise account has no errors. without installed Formativ all works great.

this is reproducable on WinNT, W2k and Metaframe

regards

Moebius

• Author
    Replies
    Support 1a
    Participant

It sounds like a errant applet may be to blame. While logged in as the user that experiences the problem, could you please go to the GroupWise Help menu, and select About Formativ. When the About box appears, select the configuration tab, then press the copy to clipboard button. Paste the contents of the clipboard into a new email message addressed to support@advansyscorp.com. Once we receive the config information we may be able to detect the problem.

When you say the problem is reproducible on every machine tested, do you mean when the same user is logged in? You also mention other users work fine, so I assume the former.

I would also suggest you manually copy all the applets this user is accessing (the path will be shown in the configuration information referred to above) to another directory, then re-start GroupWise and see if the problem persists. If the problem dissapears it is likely one of the applets you moved was being executed on reply and is causing the problem. In this case you may also wish to ZIP all the applets this user has installed and sending them to the same address above for analysis.

Regards,

Advansys Support

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.