/ Forums / Advansys Formativ / Creating Solutions with Formativ / Can’t find msgclass7.0.txt file …

• Creator
    Topic
    dhschryer
    Participant

Installed GW version 7 SP3 in our test environment (previously at GW 6.5 SP7). Our developers are starting to test thier applets. One of them found a problem with one of thier applet and tried going into Formatic Central to fix it. She got …

TScriptCentral.SetEngine … The class definition file c:program~1AdvansysFormativmsgclass7_0.txt could not be found.

Click OK and get ..

Access violation at address 0294EF10 in mudule ‘formativ.dll. Read od address 00000008.

Click OK and can then see the applets we created, but can’t really do anything. Can’t close as the Access violation error keeps re-appearing.

Have to cancel the grpwise.exe and formativ.exe tasks.

Just to see if it was GW 7 for sure, installed GW6.5 and all works OK.

• Author
      Replies
      dhschryer
      Participant

Think I found the problem. The msgclass7_0.txt file DID NOT exist in the c:PROGRAMFILESADVANSYSFORMATIV directory. I made a copied of the msgclass6_5.txt file and renamed it msgclass7_0.txt and ALL seems to work OK now.

Is what I did OK? There didn’t seem to be any reference to a GW version in the txt file . How would this normally be done?

David

Support 3
        Participant

Yes, adding the “msgclass7_0.txt” file will solve the issue. Formativ installer should add the “msgclass7_0.txt” to the installation folder. We haven’t had any report about this issue, it could be an environmental issue to this specific machine. Can you re-produce this behaviour to another machine?

Message class file (context files) was developed to cater for the different language clients, and menu structures that change between versions. A context file is a simple text file formatted using the ‘INI’ convention of Name and Value pairs. Formativ loads the context file that matches the major and minor version numbers of the GroupWise client. It will support any minor release (i.e. 7.0.1, 7.0.2, etc). If a user, need to add a menu item, and they are not using the English client, they will have to localize the appropriate menu file prior to defining the integration. It is not necessary to localize the entire file, just the part containing the menu item of interest.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
          Advansys Support

dhschryer
          Participant

Can we re-produce the behaviour on another machine ? … Yes, one of our developers reported it and a few of us tried it on our workstations and got the same issue … which was resolved after putting this TXT file in the c:PROGRAMFILESADVANSYSFORMATIV directory.

So, should we re-install Formativ Installer to ‘properly’ get this TXT file added … is that what you are suggesting? From your description of the Message Class File I’m worried that my ‘manual’ creation of this TXT file might have implications, as we use both French and English … or should I not worry about it?

Support 3
            Participant

You don’t need to worry about any implications by manually creating the Message Class file. I am not sure why the message class not added by the installer to your machine.

Could you please send the Formativ Configuration to support@advansyscorp.com. You can obtain the configuration by selecting Help | About Formativ… from the GroupWise main menu. When the About Formativ dialog appears, go to the Configuration tab and click the button Copy to clipboard. Then paste the text into your email (or save it to a plain-text file and include it as an attachment).

Regards,
              Advansys Support

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.