• Creator
    Topic
    Tedd
    Participant

The indexing process is failing on a large archive I’ve created. I have attempted three times, the last time after adding 1GB of RAM to the PC (total of 2GB now).

It’s failing about half way through (based on the progress bar) and appears to be failing on the same message each time. There is no _index folder being created, so I’m unable to find any log data.

Any suggestions?

• Author
      Replies
      Support 1
      Participant

Thank you for reporting this problem.

Does the indexing process simply stop or do you see an error appear? If there is an error message, please quote it in your reply.

What is the size of the archive? How much free space is available on the primary hard drive (regardless of the archive location)?

Which version of Indexer is failing? To find out, use File Explorer to navigate to the _viewer folder within the archive. Then mouse over the file “a2goindexer.exe” to see a popup summary of the properties which includes the version. You can also run Indexer and press the About button.

I look forward to your reply.

Regards,
        Advansys Support

Tedd
        Participant

There is no error, the index window just stops updating. I left it in this state overnight once to give it time to complete, but it was the same in the morning.

There are no error messages. Clicking the Stop button does nothing. I had to stop the process through Windows Task Manager.

The archive size is 7.9 GB. The hard disk has 29.8 GB of free space and is routinely defragmented.

The Indexer version is 1.2.0.0.

Thank you for your assistance!

Support 2

While we are not familiar with a problem of this nature from existing reports, it may be worth trying Archive To Go 1.5, which is released. Are you covered by upgrade protection? If so, you would be entitled to 1.5, which would be worth a try. If you are covered by upgrade protection but have not received the access information, please let us know.

If not, there are a couple of options to enable you to test with 1.5. Please write to support@advansyscorp.com if you require these details.

Kind Regards,

Advansys Support

Tedd
            Participant

We are covered by upgrade protection, and I’ve had 1.5 downloaded for a few weeks, but do not have a password for the archive. Our reseller (Concentrico) seems to have disappeared, so I sent an email to your customer support a few days ago and am waiting for a reply.

I completed about ten more archives today, including one 3 GB archive, and Indexing worked fine every time. I will try 1.5 on this problem archive when I get access.

Support 2

Thank you for your reply. We will organize to get the 1.5 access information.

Kind Regards,

Advansys Support

dchase
                Participant

I am having the same problem mentioned. Basically the indexer freezes during the archiving process. We then try to re-index with the same problems. No error messages show. We are using Archive To Go version 1.5 with indexer version 1.5.0.0. The Groupwise archive file is approximately 9 gb that I am trying to archive and index. The free space on that hard drive is approximately 60 gb. Please advise.

Tedd
                  Participant

I believe 1.5 fixed the issue for me, but it was quite a while ago and I’m not positive.

Another thing that’s helped me with indexing problems in the past is re-running GroupWise database checks (Structure + Index with fix, Contents with fix), then running another capture of the account.

Support 1
                    Participant

Tedd, thanks for your suggestion. We will keep that in mind for this kind of issue.

dchase, thanks for your detailed problem description here in this forum and by email. We have replied to you by direct email.

Regards,
                      Advansys Support

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.