/ Forums / Advansys Formativ / Commercial Formativ Solutions by Advansys / Problem with Remote Image Inserter

• Creator
    Topic
    Manitu
    Participant

Hi,

we just have bought Formativ and the solution pack “Personlized Emailer Pack 2.0”. If I try to insert a remote image according to the description, I get an error: “The specified image could not be accessed. Please check the URL is correct, and that you have an active Internet connection.”

With IExplorer and Modzilla Firefox I get the image displayed. So Internet connection and URL are ok. But why do I get this message.

Regards,

Manitu

• Author
      Replies
      MA
      Participant

Make sure you have entered valid URL into the Image URL edit box. I have entered the url http://www.novell.com/coolsolutions/oradesima/rightnav_coollogo_190.gif into the edit box and pressed Refresh which insert the GroupWise cool solutions image into the message. Hope this helps.

Support 1a
        Participant

As MA mentioned, this message will appear if the image at the given URL is not accessible via a standard HTTP GET command. This normally happens if you enter an incorrect URL (Don’t forget to include ‘http://’ at the start of the URL).

Advansys Support

Manitu
          Participant

Hello MA,

thank you for your quick response. Trying your URL (including ‘http://’ at the start) I get the same error again.
            It is funny, the same URL entered into Internet Explorer shows me the image correctly.

I am going to uninstall the package and reinstall it on another PC. And then test again …

Regards,

Manitu

Manitu
            Participant

Hello,

I have found the problem. It was a border manager setting. HTTP-proxy-authentication was activated. Since stopping authentication mode “Remote Image Inserter” works fine.

Is it possible to adjust “Remote Image Inserter” to operate with proxy-authentication?

Regards,

Manitu

Support 1a
              Participant

Thank you for the update. I suspect modifying the solution to work with proxy authentication would be non-trivial but a worthwhile feature. I’ll add this to our enhancement database.

Thank you for your feedback.

Advansys Support

aeroadmin
                Participant

Has any progress been made on allowing the use of proxy authentication with Border Manager?

Thanks

Support 2

Sorry, no, not at this stage. However, it is listed in our enhancement requests. At this stage we do not know if/when this feature may be implemented.

Regards,

Advansys Support

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.