/ Forums / Advansys Archive To Go, Advansys PST Creator / Archive To Go / Error – Object reference not set to an instance of an object

• Creator
    Topic
    dfallon
    Participant

I am using the trial version and have defined my enterprise GW system. Creator did display all of our domains and post offices initially. When I tried to test it again, I receive an error “Object reference not set to an instance of an object”. I receive this error twice before the Creator opens. When I select Enterprise, I only see about the first 75% of our GW domains. It seems to stop discovery of the objects. I have full Admin rights to the GW and NDS tree.

• Author
      Replies
      Support 1a
      Participant

Thanks for your posting.

Has anything changed in your tree since you last tested? Do you have any external domains? If so, do you see them in Archive to Go once it starts?

I’ll be a better position to move forward once I have the answer to these questions.

Advansys Support

dfallon
        Participant

Nothing changed in the system as far as adding domains, post offices, agents, etc. Perhaps some user objects were added, but the time between first and second testing was simply 15 minutes.

We have no external domains.

I did some more troubleshooting since posting by deleting the trusted app object and recreating. Didn’t work first time. Tried it twice more after letting things synchronize, and now it is working. I am reluctant, however, to purchase the full product if it will not work reliably in our tree. We have a very large environment – over 12,000 user objects, about 50 or 60 post offices and about 25 domains. Thank you for your assistance and your quick response.

Support 1a
          Participant

Thank you for the update and additional information. The problem appears to lie with the GroupWise Admin API, which is used to build the system view, and some nuance of your GroupWise system. Unfortunatly, the Admin API is the only API currently available to ennumerate a GW system.

We are looking at adding ‘system caching’ support into the tree view so that it doesn’t have to ennumerate the entire system each time the solution is used. While this won’t fix any Admin API problems, it does mean any issues would be rarely seen, as the system view would be nearly always read from the cache.

I would be interested to hear if you continue to experience any issues accessing the system tree for the remainder of the trial.

Regards,

Advansys Support

dfallon
            Participant

Good Evening,

I have purchased the product and installed license information. I am still experiencing the same problem where I am unable to see the entire GW system. Only displays about 75% of the domains. When I delete and regenerate the trusted app key, I now only see two of my domains (as opposed to 25). Has any progress been made with respect to your note about adding “system caching” support?

Support 2

We have made progress with the caching capabilities but this feature is still under final development. While caching will improve a number of usability aspects for large system navigation and discovery, it is not likely to address the problems you are describing with the variation in system object visibility.

There appears to be a problem with system discovery, although the variable results you mention are unusual. The deletion and recreation of the trusted application should not alter system object visibility because it should affect only the ability for Archive To Go to login to accounts in Enterprise mode. However, if you mean by “delete and regenerate the trusted app key” that you are recreating a new system definition, then it is the system discovery process which is failing to traverse your full GroupWise system.

We are finalizing a test application which may help identify where the process is failing within the system discovery and will let you know when it is available.

Regards,

Advansys Support

Support 2

An email regarding test application availability has been sent directly to your registered email address.

Regards,

Advansys Support

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.