/ Forums / Advansys Archive To Go, Advansys PST Creator / Archive To Go / Archive To Go simply “Stops” processing

• Creator
    Topic
    dspoole
    Participant

I’ve run GWCheck against the archive until all the errors were fixed, but ATG will simply stop processing and not continue when archiving the native GW archive for this one user.

Pressing the Stop/Cancel button does not work. I have to X out of the application and then shut down the a2gengine.exe from Task Manager.

I’ve let this thing run overnight twice and it still hangs. This is happening to only one user archive.

Any ideas?

• Author
      Replies
      Support 2

Thank you for your post. We presume you are using the fully licensed version of Archive To Go?

If your GroupWise client is 6.5.5 or below, it is possible that a GroupWise error dialog has popped up behind the Archive To Go Creator dialog. The error text could be either Record not found or Bad parameter. This can happen only if you have opted to include message properties in the export. You can confirm this by dragging the Creator dialog to an edge of the screen. If you do see such a dialog, just click OK to allow Creator to proceed.

While the problem appears to be user data specific, trying the Archive To Go 1.2 beta is probably the first step in helping to isolate this problem.

Unfortunately from your support login information we cannot locate your company’s purchase details from our records. So we can make 1.2 available to you, could you please send them to support@advansyscorp.com?

Regards,

Advansys Support

[This message was edited by Support 1 on January 28, 2007 at 05:36 PM.]

dspoole
        Participant

Yes, a fully licensed version of Archive To Go version 1.1

I am using GroupWise 7.0 SP1

Bummer news about not being able to find the company purchase details in your database. I have no idea how we purchased the product (we could have used one of a half dozen names for the company).

dspoole
          Participant

“This can happen only if you have opted to include message properties in the export”

Using enterprise access mode, that option is greyed out.

dspoole
            Participant

“You can confirm this by dragging the Creator dialog to an edge of the screen. If you do see such a dialog, just click OK to allow Creator to proceed.”

No such dialog box.

Support 1
              Participant

We have received your email, thank you. Information about obtaining the latest Archive To Go 1.2 Beta has been mailed to you.

Regarding the “greyed out” option to include message properties, yes this option is only available when using local access mode. This (and your GroupWise version) eliminates GroupWise errors as the cause of the hang.

Regards,
                Advansys Support

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.