/ Forums / Advansys Formativ / Commercial Formativ Solutions by Advansys / personalized emailer convert pictures to attachments

• Creator
    Topic
    Aldous
    Participant

Hi,

We are running GroupWise 6.5.6 and using Personalized emailer stationery. When I create a template contains image files without any attachment and run Personalized emailer, it created the personalized email OK except, it also includes all images files as attachment. Is there anyway I can avoid this?

Thanks,
    Aldous

• Author
    Replies
    Support 2

Yes, you need to use the Remote Image Inserter and host your images on an accessible Web site. The Remote Image Inserter is documented in the Personalized Emailer help documentation.

The reason why this happens is that GroupWise always attaches embedded images when a message is sent. The Remote Image Inserter uses HTML techniques which avoid remote images (images hosted on a public Web site) from being downloaded and attached when the message is sent.

Regards,

Advansys Support

Aldous
    Participant

If GW will always attach embedded images at attachment, I should see the same thing when I create new email in GW without using Advansys solutions. i.e. When I create new email directly in GW with embedded images without using Advansys products, the email message will be sent with image attached. But, I didn’t see this happen. Any idea?

Support 3
    Participant

As said earlier, GroupWise always attaches the embedded images.

Make sure your ‘Hide System Attachments’ option is turned off and attachment window is visible (View – QuickView – Attachment Window). You can turn off the ‘Hide System Attachments’ option by right clicking the QuickViewer context menu. You can also see the attach images in the attachments collection. GroupWise treat all embedded images as system attachments so the image name always “IMAGE.gif”, “IMAGE2.gif”, etc.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
    Advansys Support

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.