Microsoft Outlook 2002 and earlier versions limit the size of Personal Folders (PST) file to 2 GB. Outlook 2003 & 2007 and later use a new PST file format capable of storing Unicode data, it has a practical limit of 20 GB. In Outlook 2010, default size limit is 50 GB.
PST Creator unable predict exported PST file size based on the Archive To Go archive size. Once the PST file size reached maximum limit, Outlook API will provide following errors which will be added to the PST Creator log file:
- “The pst file has reached its maximum size. To reduce the amount of data in this file, select some items that you no longer need, then permanently (shift + del) delete them.”
- – SaveChanges: MAPI_E_NOT_ENOUGH_MEMORY
In order to resolve this issue:
- We recommend to review this article and modify registry to increase PST size limit: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/832925
- Restart the workstation prior to conversion process. Make sure the workstation has enough physical memory (RAM).
- Disable realtime anti-virus software.
Hope this helps.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.