/ Forums / Advansys Archive To Go, Advansys PST Creator / Archive To Go / com object with CLSID is not valid or not registered ERROR

• Creator
    Topic
    Roadisred
    Participant

I am in trial mode and am currently TESTING a mail box to see if we are going with this product…The mail box only has four e-mails in it and one FOLDER…But while trying to Archive in the last step I get the following error:
      com object with CLSID is not valid or not registered

Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong?

Thanks/
      Peter Brown
      NJ State Commerce

• Author
      Replies
      Support 1a
      Participant

This type of message normally means a required component is missing or has not been registered. Experience indicates the missing component is most likely to be a GroupWise client component, such as the Object API or Admin API COM objects. This can occur if your GroupWise client has been installed using a ZEN snapshot for example.

A message like this will normally include a very long number (the CLSID). Do you see such a number? If you could let me know the number I would be able to tell you the missing component.

Assuming a missing/unregistered GroupWise component, the easiest way to move forward would be to re-install the GroupWise client from a Novell CD or original software distribution directory. This should ensure all required components are installed and registered.

I hope this helps.

Advansys Support

Roadisred
        Participant

Thanks for getting back…

We do not install GroupWise via ZEN…Based on a phone call I got from you all, I tried to RE-INSTALL GroupWise from the SDD right from the server..I still get the said error…The registry key number in the said ERROR is:

99C5B7D2-8CF7-40C1-A8E0-0EE54FF92AB9

I am not sure how to get the needed componenent installed on my PC…

Thanks again/
          Peter Brown
          NJ State Commerce

Support 1a
          Participant

Thank you for the additional information. ‘{99C5B7D2-8CF7-40C1-A8E0-0EE54FF92AB9}’ is the GUID for the GroupWise Application3 interface, only available in GroupWise 6.5.3. Do you have the GroupWise 6.5.3 client installed? The GroupWise 32-bit Windows Client, Version 6.5.3 or later is required in order to use Archive To Go.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Advansys Support

Roadisred
            Participant

I upgraded to 6.5.5 and it worked…

Thanks much…We like the product and will probably go with it…

Regards/
              Peter Brown
              NJ State Commerce

Support 1a
              Participant

Great news. Thanks for the update.

Advansys Support

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.