What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- name and job title;
- contact information including email address;
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests;
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers;
- web log statistics, such as number of hits to our web site, downloads, checks for software updates; and
- software and environmental information, such as software logs and version information, if you email them to us.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the reasons listed below.
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may use the information to inform you of important software patches.
- We may use the information in order to help resolve a software support or service issue you have reported to us.
- If on one of our website forms you elected to receive news updates from Advansys, using the email address which you have provided we may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes and we may use the information to customize the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place physical, electronic and managerial procedures to help safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes; and
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by contacting us.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
For more information, please contact us.