/ Forums / Advansys Formativ / Formativ Runtime / GroupWise client crash

• Creator
    Topic
    gritz
    Participant

Hi Guys,
      Hope you are having a GREAT year. Let it never be said I do not provide you with “interesting” problems!
      I am forwarding to support my config and some screen shots of my problem.
      I am running GW 6.5.3 with Formativ 2.0.
      Using the new multiple signature applet, I create a dynamic signature. Everything works great with Formativ and the signature(s); go to send the email, and the GW client crashes trying to spell check the signature! This happens immediately with the signature I created (copy of the example with my info inserted). With your example signature, it checks a few words, and then crashes as well. I searched the forums but did not see a comparable problem. What do you think?

• Author
      Replies
      Support 1a
      Participant

I suspect you have come across a somewhat obscure bug in GroupWise another user reported recently. It appears that a particular sequence of HTML involving the Marquee tag can cause the GroupWise spell checker to throw an access violation. It does depend on the layout of the HTML. This is nothing to do with Formativ. You could test this by composing a new HTML message, then pressing F11 and retrieve the HTML signature file into the message. Once retrieved, spell checking the message should cause the AV to occur.

Novell were able to duplicate it and allocated it defect no: 414866 against the GroupWise 6.5.5 client. They reportedly fixed it in GroupWise 7.

The only workaround is to remove the marquee tag from the HTML (which is a shame, because that’s what causes the night scrolling effect), or spend the time playing with the HTML to try to find a combination that doesn’t cause the problem.

Regards,

Advansys Support

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.